Today, Johnson Controls (JCI) announced an increase in its quarterly dividend to .33 cents per quarter from .28 cents per quarter in the same period last year. This represents a 18% increase in the dividend.
JCI is one of Standard and Poor's Dividend Aristocrats and JCI maintains an S&P Quality Ranking of A+.
- In the fourth quarter of the company's year ending September 2006, JCI reported earnings that were 24% higher versus the same quarter in the prior year.
- The fourth quarter earnings totaled $1.86 per share. The fourth quarter earnings were 1 cent higher than analyst estimates.
- The company's fourth quarter revenues increased 18%.
- Estimated earnings for JCI's upcoming year total $6.03, a 15% increase over this year's earnings of $5.23.
- If one annualizes the new 33 cent quarterly dividend, the total estimated dividend for the next 12-months equals $1.32.
- The projected payout ratio totals 22%. This payout ratio is in line with historical averages.